Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pink Eyed Lady of the Morning

I am sick, y'all. This came about because I boasted to people that I haven't been sick in ages and ages. Instant karma, whammo. Now, I am in coughy, wheezy, sneezy, drippy-ville. We're just having lots of fun.

But there is some news on the knitting front. This swatch will soon become a shawl. It is now formulated as a square, but the thought entered my foggy brain last night that it might be better as a triangle, not a hard transition to make... a triangle is half a square, right? Please give me your comments on this. I shouldn't have to rely on my own judgement right now... have pity.



Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk, ivory colorway. Potential title: Norwegian Woods (see the little branches in the middle section and the leafy edges?

Whaddya say... square or triangle?

19 comments:

vanessa said...

i like the square.

Anonymous said...

Square! It is SO beautiful . . . and your photo has such an unusual quality - makes the lacy part of me shiver with happiness. I also like the name enchanting!
Hugs to you from afar - no germs exchanged!
Cat

Nana Sadie said...

My personal preference for shawls is a triangle, but ... that does appear to be a square there. And I love the name, too! Perfect!
(((hugs)))

Jessica said...

It's so beautiful I want to say don't change a thing.
I generally prefer triangles though.

Redford Phyl said...

I'm a triangle person — half as much knitting for those of us who can't wait to finish and wear. That said, the stitch patterns are gorgeous! It would definitely go to the top of my list.

Madge said...

Feel better!

As for square or triangle, I'm more of a square. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't it be both? I'm greedy. I love the square, but I finish more triangle shawls.

Anonymous said...

Square OR triangle, it is just beautiful! Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I knit the Wing of the Moth (triangular) in the same ivory Sea Silk and it has a beautiful drape. Your swatch is exquisite, and I would prefer a triangle (half the knitting). But, if I had a lot of yarn and time, a large square would be luxurious, whether draped over me or a chair.
Feel better soon!

CatonsvilleCats said...

I generally knit triangles but I think this one wants to be a square.

Anonymous said...

square! i hope you are feeling better soon.

Kristine said...

Pretty pretty pretty!

I'm partial to triangles, though, as large no-shaping sections bore me.

Pretty pretty pretty.

Kat said...

SQUARE!!!! I LOVE it as a square. I know most people love triangular shawls, but I haven't made a square one yet....

I know exactly how you feel--I've got the same thing. I hope you get better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon Sivia.
Square gets my vote,it is just beautiful as it is, but I would knitit either way you decide.
Patricia

tejiendo said...

I'm with the majority. A square please!!!

Anonymous said...

Square! Or maybe rectangular!

NeuroKnitter said...

Square!!! I haven't knit a square shawl either and am chomping at the bit to do so!! It will be gorgeous either way!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! Please! A new shawl! I have four skeins of gold sea silk and a wedding in June. HELP ME!

PS - I'm thrilled you have a blog! YAY!

Anonymous said...

square! and I'll knit it in DK and make it a blanket!