Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Waves

New waves... fresh off the needles and blocking...


Am I alone in loving lace that is not quite symmetrical? Take a look at what's happening in the corners, first the bottom front:


Then the top where the "seams" meet:

Nice, eh?

And this was coincidentally right above the shawl:


I am getting turned on by pink everywhere!

New Waves in the Square, yarn Handmaiden Mini-Maiden, 2 skeins rose. This shawl is to be shown at TNNA and will be made available for a travelling trunk show thereafter.

The trunk show knitting is almost done! Here is what I washed and blocked today:

One more brown Journey Cable Sock to go...

Not much spinning has been done unfortunately, with the close knitting deadline, but here it is for what it's worth:


Can you imagine this plied with the licorice all-sorts from the previous post? No, I can't either... hopefully I will have some newly plied yarn for you to see in the next installment...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sivia! It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you!

Romi said...

Wow! Gorgeous! :)

Melanie said...

Wow, the Mini-Maiden works up beautifully! Waves in the Square looks marvellous in that yarn. I love the little picot bind off.

The socks look great, and soon you'll have time for creating more of that lovely handspun. Yay!

Julie said...

I would love to see that shawl draped on your shoulders. How are you liking the new wheel? (Asking this 'cause I'm looking to upgrade)

Neuroknitter said...

Beautiful shawl! I've been curious about the Mini Maiden line of yarn, I guess my curiosity has been satisfied....it's gorgeous!! Love the pink!

annmarie said...

What a beautiful shawl and such a drop-dead gorgeous color!