Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blessed Release

Dear readers, thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. My dad passed away last night, or early this morning after a long illness.

As difficult as this day has been, and although I love my dad dearly and miss him very much, I am sure many of you will understand my feelings of relief and joy that he is no longer suffering and in pain. I feel enormous compassion for those who are still in pain and struggling for survival.

In honor of his passing, I plan to have a charity giveaway to benefit Doctors without Borders, the Nobel Peace Prize-winning organization that helps needy people in embattled and poor areas throughout the world.

I will go through my stash and post yarns, etc. You see what you might like, in exchange for a charity donation, and make me an offer. I will hold a silent auction over one week, with the highest bidder getting the goods at the end of the week. After I receive your donation in the form of Paypal funds, I will mail you your goodies. All proceeds will go to this very worthy charity, so please be generous.

With gratitude to this very caring community of knitters and their families...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but I truly understand how you feel. My Dad had suffered a lot in his last months. The mixed feelings of sadness and relief really only be understood by those who have been through this type of ordeal.

Maureen said...

Dear Sivia,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My own father passed away in August of last year - quite suddenly and unexpectedly. I wish you many happy memories to help offset the sadness.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry. May his memory be a blessing to you.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss Sivia. I understand your relief at his not being in pain any more (I felt the same when my sister died - it is so bittersweet). DWB is one of our favourite charities and it is an excellent way to honour your Dad. I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

Sivia

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Nurhanne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

kaykatrn said...

I am new to your blog--love your designs. Your Dad must be very proud to be remembered in such a selfless way. And no, it's not strange that you are happy for the end of his suffering. That's love.

Anonymous said...

What a loving daughter...

Sivia, I'm so sorry about your father's passing, but thankfully he is no longer in pain.

I've always believed that the greater the loss, the greater the pain. But the richer the love and memories.

May you be sustained by the love. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nana Sadie said...

So very very sorry to hear of your dad's death. I can appreciate your feelings that he's not suffering any longer.
Know you are in my thoughts and prayers!
((((hugs))))

Melissa said...

Bless you, Sivia! This is good news and bad all in one go. My own father passed on 11 years ago after a long struggle with advanced diabetes and I remember well the confusing mixture of emotions.
It is good to have something to do with your hands as you work through the memories and feelings.

Anonymous said...

Sivia, you're in my heart today. I'm wishing you peace as you go through this tough time.

Angela said...

Dear Sivia,

peace and joyous memories to your family from mine.

annmarie said...

Wishing much peace and comfort for you and your family.

Ann said...

So sorry for your loss. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sivia - deepest sympathies for the loss, but peace and blessings to your father as he continues his journey in a pain free place. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take good care. Sam

Romi said...

I'm so very sorry, Sivia. I know you have memories of him to cherish. There is so much to say when a loved one is lost, and words always seem to fail me. My thoughts are with you.

vanessa said...

sivia, i am so sorry for your loss, and know exactly what you mean.

Suzanne said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Kristina B said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Sivia: but what a lovely way to honour him!

Birdsong said...

My heart goes with you, having been there with both parents and been divided between my loss and their release. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. You have chosen a wonderful way to honor your father through helping Doctors without Borders.