Thursday, October 15, 2009

Postcard from Portland

Help! I've been kidnapped by a bunch of crazy Irish musicians and am being held captive in Portland Oregon!!!




The lovely Nancy Conescu, her husband the legendary Mike Doolin, and friends. It doesn't get much better than this, folks!

Yes, the rumors are true. I now am a resident of Portland. See my apartment?




My mother, who knows me well, says that I have always wanted an apartment this empty and she may be right. I would like to have a nice knitting chair though.

And no, I have not moved out of my place in Vancouver. I still am happily married to my Canadian husband and my stuff is all still there with him. I am here in Portland to make a new home for my son Ari, and I am awaiting his arrival soon. I hope that a new situation will bring healing to him on many levels. All good wishes are very much appreciated at this time.

Knitting is happening too. I have a lot to catch up on as I didn't have a lot of internet access while I was in transit over the last few months. More promised soon!

13 comments:

Skylark said...

Looks like a very nice home for Ari!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Welcome to Portland! I hope you're enjoying your time here. It can't all be as fun as Sock Summit, though!

islandspindler said...

So glad to hear you will be back in Vancouver, eventually! And now your son will be closer, yipee! And Portland is a great place to visit... Yarn shops, Black Sheep Gathering, etc...

Adrienne said...

Welcome to Oregon! It was a pleasure to meet you (albeit briefly) at OFFF.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sivia -

So glad you have found such a lovely place! Will Smooshy be joining you, or is he still in Vancouver? I so miss seeing you!

Take good care,
Alison

Madeline said...

What a light, bright, wonderfully uncluttered environment, open to such possibility that it will surely lift the spirits. It can only benefit Ari. Best wishes to him for good health. (Remember to take as good care of yourself, too.)

SooZ said...

Hope you are doing well in Portland!

Kristine said...

hey, could you arrange for Nancy conescu to kidnap me? PLEASE!!!???

terri said...

I noticed "caldron" on your flicker page. I am in love! Is that a pattern that will be released soon?

sivia said...

Hi terri,

Yes! Look for it tomorrow on Twist Collective's Winter Issue: http://www.twistcollective.com

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Karin said...

I love this apartment. Very European looking...makes me all homesick.
I hope everything will work out well.

groeneogen said...

Welcome to Portland...I also just moved here from BC (North Van)...not sure where Ari is moving from, but welcome...! It is not as wet here as North Van...LOL!