Monday, April 19, 2010

Cattywampused

I am at a very mythical place... Blue Moon Fiber Arts sock camp, also known as Camp Cattywampus. Mad, crazy things are happening here, and I am teaching classes on knitting with beads to the lovely campers here.

Dr. Seuss is the reigning muse this year, and Tina Newton and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee are the reigning geniuses as ever.

A few pictures follow of the lovely surroundings, a happy group of campers in my bead class, and some of my fellow "camp staff"!

DSCF1252

DSCF1256

DSCF1257

DSCF1260

DSCF1250

DSCF1265

DSCF1267

DSCF1269

Tomorrow I depart from this magical place and travel up to B.C. where another workshop takes place shortly, near Kamloops B.C.

For today, I am still happily Cattywampused! A happy Suessical day to all!

9 comments:

Merry Karma said...

How fun! Someday, I may get to attend Sock Camp...

Lucy Anne said...

I have sock camp envy. Beautiful pictures!

Crystal Belle said...

Mighty fine looking group of sock campers - just gotta love the Starbellied Sneetches!! Thanks so much for your beading class Sivia.

Blessings - Naomi

Angela said...

I had a wonderful time meeting you. Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm with us!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, lovely! Can we go back to Port Ludlow now??? If you'd like to borrow my Waves In The Square shawl, just email me at mariajh at msn dot com.

cupcakefaerie said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and creativity with all of us at camp. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm may start adding beads to everything I knit. Off to cast on my Queen of Beads! Thank you! -Terry

Marisol said...

It was lovely meeting you Sivia! I love my new beaded project:)

Melanie said...

What a lovely place to enjoy the company and inspiration of like-minded folks!

Safe travels.

Ang. said...

Camp was a wonderful experience - I learned so much and I think you may have created a beading monster. I can't look at a pattern now without wondering how I can add beads. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!
The Other Angela